5 Best things to do in Rozaje, Montenegro
Located high in the mountains of Montenegro is the town you will see before entering Kosovo, Rozaje is a small town in Montenegro. Although the town is small and the things you can do are limited, you will still be able to learn more about the country.
Find apartments for rent in Montenegro here.
Are you looking for the best destinations for digital nomads in Montenegro? Then read this article – Discover the Best Places for Digital Nomads in Montenegro
If you are interested in longer-term solutions to relocating to Montenegro, visit the following pages:
- Emigrate to Montenegro: Residence Permit & Tax Residency Guide
- Relocation Services in Montenegro
- 10 Reasons You Should Register a Company in Montenegro in 2023
- Montenegro Residency by Company Formation (2023) – A Comprehensive Step-by-Step Guide
- Montenegro Company Formation & Residency Services – Fully Managed Solution
Due to its location, it is the perfect stop before entering Kosovo. You can stay here overnight or just have a day tour if you wish to. When you go around, you’ll find several mosques with amazing Islamic atmospheres in their architecture. If you visited during the winter season, there is a ski resort near the town called “Turjak”, so you can try skiing. To know more about the things to do in Rozaje, Montenegro, check out our shortlist below.
List of best things to do in Rozaje, Montenegro
1. Ganica Kula
Just a two-minute walk from the north of the main square, Ganica Kula is one of those residential towers that are common in Montenegro, Albania, and Kosovo. These towers serve not just as a defense against the invaders but also useful when it comes to protecting the menfolk when there’s blood-related conflict. Inside the tower, you’ll find a museum consisting of well-preserved costumes, artifacts, and crafts.
2. Kurtagic Mosque
Around 3 minutes walk northeast of the town square, Kutagic Mosque’s wooden minaret is proof of its age. It was originally built in 1697 but was reconstructed in 1967. Its low doors that lead inside and its stone cladding on the facade is something everyone must see! The simple yet stunning architecture offers a great photo opportunity.
3. Sultan Murat II Mosque
Sultan Murat II Mosque is Rozaje’s main Mosque. It was originally built in 1450 but was renovated in 2008. The structure of the mosque includes multiple domes and two minarets. Its interior is completely covered by tiles in geometric patterns. Inside, you will also find an image of the Kaaba in Mecca located on top of the prayer niche. If you’re coming from Marsala Tita, just turn left and walk for about 200 meters.
4. Tajson Caffe
To have a chilling coffee day in Rozaje, go ahead and visit Tajson Caffe. It is considered as the best cafe-bars in town. Aside from its delicious drinks and snacks, you can also take your time to relax at its comfortable couches at the promenade on the main square.
5. Restoran Passenger
If you want more than just coffee and snacks, then head your way to Restoran Passenger. The food here is delicious, the atmosphere is calm, and the view is beautiful. Here, there is also plenty of parking and shady outdoor seating. If you want something that’s worth your money and can satisfy your hungry tummy, Restoran Passenger is the place to be!
And that’s it for the 5 best things to do in Rozaje, Montenegro. The town may be small and doesn’t offer much as the other bigger towns in the country, but it is a great way to see a different side of Montenegro that is truly fascinating.
Learn more about living in Montenegro and temporary residency in Montenegro!
Montenegro Featured Tours and Activities
- Top Ten Tours and Experiences in 2023
- Where to go in Montenegro? 6 Day trips from Dubrovnik to Montenegro
- Travel guide to the Njegoš Mausoleum in Montenegro
- Travel guide to Tara River Canyon in Montenegro
- 10 Must see places to go hiking in Montenegro
- Where to go camping in Montenegro?
- Where to go skiing in Montenegro?
- 15 Best things to do in Budva, Montenegro
- Travel guide to Budva Old Town in Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Becici, Montenegro
- 10 Best things to do in Petrovac, Montenegro
- 8 Best things to do in Lustica Bay, Montenegro
- Lustica Peninsula travel guide: Best beaches on Luštica Peninsula, Montenegro
Montenegro General Knowledge Guides
- Discover the Hidden Gem: Where is Montenegro? Your Guide to the Jewel of the Balkans in 2023
- Stay Connected in Montenegro: Your Guide to Tourist SIM Cards in 2023
- Getting Around Made Easy: Your Guide to Taxis in Montenegro for Beginners in 2023
- Montenegro border webcams – live traffic at the Montenegrin border checkpoints
- Guide to weather in Montenegro and things to consider
- Guide to Montenegro for Beginners
- Airport transportation in Montenegro – going to or from Montenegro Airports
- Airline directory in Montenegro (Airlines with offices in Montenegro)
- How to get married in Montenegro
- Is Montenegro Safe?
- Best Internet Providers in Montenegro
- Montenegro Visa Guide
Montenegro Car Rental Guides
- 5 Best Montenegro Tours in Kotor
- Where to eat in Kotor, Montenegro near the Cruise Port?
- Travel guide to Kotor Old Town in Montenegro
- Guide to our lady of the rocks in Perast, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Perast, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Risan, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro During Winter
- 8 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro during summer
- 9 Best things to to in Danilovgrad, Montenegro
- Discover the Hidden Gems of Podgorica, Montenegro: The Ottoman Empire’s Legacy, Scenic Rivers, and More
Other Coastal Guides
North Montenegro Guides
- 5 Best things to do in Bijelo Polje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Pljevlja, Monatenegro
- Things to do in Zabljak during summer
- 15 Best things to do in Niksic, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Plav, Montenegro
- 15 Best things to do in Cetinje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Rozaje, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Andrijevica, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Berane, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Plužine, Montenegro
Wednesday, March 29
Tours in Montenegro: Uncover the Adriatic’s Best-Kept Secret
Discover Montenegro’s tranquil beaches, medieval cities, rugged landscapes, and vibrant culture on our expertly curated tours. Book now to explore the Adriatic’s hidden gem!
Monday, April 10
Car Rental in Montenegro: Find the Best Deals and Explore at Your Own Pace
Discover the best Montenegro car rental options and secure the best deals for your journey. Rent a car in Podgorica, find cheap car rentals, and explore Montenegro’s beauty with ease.
Friday, April 22
Relocation Services In Montenegro
We offer all the services you need to relocate to Montenegro. House purchase. Montenegro Temporary Residency. Montenegro Company Formation. Car rental in Montenegro. Property Management in Montenegro. Real estate in Montenegro. Tours in Montenegro. Montenegro lawyers and accountants.