Here is a step-by-step guide:
When renting a car for your vacation in Montenegro, it’s vital to know what steps to follow if you have an accident. The information provided here will help you deal with the stressful situation immediately following an accident on your visit to Montenegro.
Here is a step-by-step guide about what to do if you are involved in a car accident with a rental car in Montenegro:
- Make sure that everybody is ok and safe.
- Call the police and if necessary request an ambulance
- Call us on one of the phone numbers provided by our agent on a pick up.
- We have certain procedures that you need to follow in the event of an accident.
- Gather information from other driver(s).
- Gather information from any witnesses.
- Make note of the cars involved.
- If possible, take pictures.
- Write down what happened.
You need to gather as much information as you can. Ensure that you give a full statement to the police and obtain a police report along with test.
Involved Driver Information
Information you need to obtain from the other drivers is listed here:
- Full name as it appears on the driver’s license.
- Address and phone numbers. If residence address is different from mailing, get that too, if you can.
- Driver’s license number and vehicle plate number(s)
- Insurance information including carrier name and contact information and policy number.
Make note of all the cars involved in the accident and where they are. Include any damage noticed.
Take pictures of all of the cars involved if you have a means to. This way nobody can claim any extra damages.
While the details of the incident are still fresh in your mind, write down everything that happened to the best of your recollection.
This way, you won’t need to try to remember things and potentially provide inaccurate information when we have to contact the insurance companies.