6 Best things to do in Kolašin, Montenegro during winter
Located in northern Montenegro, Kolašin is the favorite destination of skiers all over the country and even from places outside Montenegro. This small mountain town may not be so popular for visitors, however, if you give yourself a chance to go and explore this town, you will discover that there are actually quite a lot of things to do in Kolašin. Whether it be summer or winter, Kolašin has something for you.
Find apartments for rent in Montenegro here.
Are you looking for the best destinations for digital nomads in Montenegro? Then read this article – Discover the Best Places for Digital Nomads in Montenegro
If you are interested in longer-term solutions to relocating to Montenegro, visit the following pages:
- Emigrate to Montenegro: Residence Permit & Tax Residency Guide
- Relocation Services in Montenegro
- 10 Reasons You Should Register a Company in Montenegro in 2023
- Montenegro Residency by Company Formation (2023) – A Comprehensive Step-by-Step Guide
- Montenegro Company Formation & Residency Services – Fully Managed Solution
In this article, we’ll focus mainly on the best things to do in Kolasin during winter. Since it is the home of the famous Ski Center Kolasin 1450 and 1600, you can expect that there will plenty of local and foreign skiers in the area when you visit. The whole area that surrounds the town is just gorgeous that you’d instantly feel you’re closer to nature. To know what we’re talking about, check out our shortlist below.
List of best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro during Winter
Kolasin is the perfect destination if you want to go skiing in Montenegro. The reason is that the most popular ski resort in the country is located here (Ski Center Kolasin 1450). So if you’re looking for some winter activity, Kolasinis the place to be.
Aside from Skiing, snowboarding is one of the best things to do in Kolasin as well. This is also possible to do in Ski Center Kolasin 1450 or Ski Center Kolasin 1600.
The best months to go skiing and snowboarding in Kolasin is from mid-December until mid-March.
3. Ski Center Kolasin 1450
The most popular ski resort in Montenegro. If you’re a beginner and want to try skiing, Ski Center Kolasin is the ideal destination as it is beginner-friendly. It is not too big but skiing is offered at an affordable price. During the winter season, you’ll find a lot of skiers here from Montenegro and Albania.
4. Ski Center Kolasin 1600
Two kilometers past Kolasin 1450 a new ski center has opened a few years ago. Ski Center Kolasin 1600 is another ski resort in Kolasin that you can choose from. A nice place to visit both in summer and winter. There is a restaurant with panoramic views here. Not only you can do skiing here, but you can also try riding the lift. Via the lift, you come to a beautiful viewpoint, where you can also see the slopes of Kolasin 1450.
5. Upper Town Square
Kolasin has two main squares: the upper town and the lower town squares. If you wander around the upper town, you will encounter Konoba; it’s a traditional restaurant in the area that has local specialties such as “Kačamak” or maize porridge, cheese, ham, and bread. The upper town is also an old Turkish Town so you will feel the Turkish vibe when you go around here.
6. Lower Town Square / Kolasin Cultural Center
The Kolasin cultural center is located on the main square of the city where the fountain is. Inside, you can get information about the city, surroundings, and attractions, as well as access to the Internet. The center participates in the organization of various cultural events aimed at both the townspeople and tourists.
And these are the possible things to do in Kolasin during the winter season. And since the town is popular as a winter destination, skiing or snowboarding would be the best to do. Have you tried skiing in Kolasin? Or are you considering going one day? If yes, share with us your thoughts!
Montenegro Featured Tours and Activities
- Top Ten Tours and Experiences in 2023
- Where to go in Montenegro? 6 Day trips from Dubrovnik to Montenegro
- Travel guide to the Njegoš Mausoleum in Montenegro
- Travel guide to Tara River Canyon in Montenegro
- 10 Must see places to go hiking in Montenegro
- Where to go camping in Montenegro?
- Where to go skiing in Montenegro?
- 15 Best things to do in Budva, Montenegro
- Travel guide to Budva Old Town in Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Becici, Montenegro
- 10 Best things to do in Petrovac, Montenegro
- 8 Best things to do in Lustica Bay, Montenegro
- Lustica Peninsula travel guide: Best beaches on Luštica Peninsula, Montenegro
Montenegro General Knowledge Guides
- Discover the Hidden Gem: Where is Montenegro? Your Guide to the Jewel of the Balkans in 2023
- Stay Connected in Montenegro: Your Guide to Tourist SIM Cards in 2023
- Getting Around Made Easy: Your Guide to Taxis in Montenegro for Beginners in 2023
- Montenegro border webcams – live traffic at the Montenegrin border checkpoints
- Guide to weather in Montenegro and things to consider
- Guide to Montenegro for Beginners
- Airport transportation in Montenegro – going to or from Montenegro Airports
- Airline directory in Montenegro (Airlines with offices in Montenegro)
- How to get married in Montenegro
- Is Montenegro Safe?
- Best Internet Providers in Montenegro
- Montenegro Visa Guide
Montenegro Car Rental Guides
- 5 Best Montenegro Tours in Kotor
- Where to eat in Kotor, Montenegro near the Cruise Port?
- Travel guide to Kotor Old Town in Montenegro
- Guide to our lady of the rocks in Perast, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Perast, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Risan, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro During Winter
- 8 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro during summer
- 9 Best things to to in Danilovgrad, Montenegro
- Discover the Hidden Gems of Podgorica, Montenegro: The Ottoman Empire’s Legacy, Scenic Rivers, and More
Other Coastal Guides
North Montenegro Guides
- 5 Best things to do in Bijelo Polje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Pljevlja, Monatenegro
- Things to do in Zabljak during summer
- 15 Best things to do in Niksic, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Plav, Montenegro
- 15 Best things to do in Cetinje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Rozaje, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Andrijevica, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Berane, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Plužine, Montenegro
Wednesday, March 29
Tours in Montenegro: Uncover the Adriatic’s Best-Kept Secret
Discover Montenegro’s tranquil beaches, medieval cities, rugged landscapes, and vibrant culture on our expertly curated tours. Book now to explore the Adriatic’s hidden gem!
Monday, April 10
Car Rental in Montenegro: Find the Best Deals and Explore at Your Own Pace
Discover the best Montenegro car rental options and secure the best deals for your journey. Rent a car in Podgorica, find cheap car rentals, and explore Montenegro’s beauty with ease.
Friday, April 22
Relocation Services In Montenegro
We offer all the services you need to relocate to Montenegro. House purchase. Montenegro Temporary Residency. Montenegro Company Formation. Car rental in Montenegro. Property Management in Montenegro. Real estate in Montenegro. Tours in Montenegro. Montenegro lawyers and accountants.