The other required documentation:
Documentation that may be required of you:
- date of travel to the UK
- information on the place of residence during the visit
- estimation of travel costs
- current residential address and length of stay at that address
- parents' names and dates of birth
- annual earnings
- details of any criminal, civil, or immigration offenses you may have committed
- your employer's address and telephone number
- travel history for the last ten years
- If you have any family members in the UK, you may have to provide their address and passport number.
Going for medical treatment or academic or professional reasons must be supported by special documentation.
The next step is to apply online
In addition to the online application, you must schedule an appointment at a visa application center (to bring the required documents for an inspection). You can start the application process three months before your planned trip to the UK. The application center may keep your passport and the other documents while handling the whole proceeding.
Usually, you can stay in the UK for six months.
It is possible to apply for the long-term Standard Visitor Visa that lasts 2.5 or 10 years if you need to visit the UK regularly for a more extended period. On each visit, you can stay for a maximum of six months.
If you want to stay in the UK for more than six months in one visit, you must get your biometric residence permit when you arrive. Also, there is a possibility that you will have to take a tuberculosis test, depending on where you come from.
A long-term standard visa for minors, when their owner reaches the age of eighteen, is valid for only six months more. They can not get a refund on the fee.