5 Best Things To Do in Pljevlja, Montenegro
Situated in the northern part of Montenegro, Pljevlja is a town in the Pljevlja municipality. Being a small town, it doesn’t require its visitor a long time to be able to explore the whole area. That means you don’t really need to plan everything ahead when you visit here. You can visit heritage sites and be able to try traditional and delicious food. To know what we’re talking about, check out our list of the best things to do in Pljevlja, Montenegro below for your future reference.
If you are interested in longer-term solutions to relocating to Montenegro, visit the following pages:
- Emigrate to Montenegro: Residence Permit & Tax Residency Guide
- Relocation Services in Montenegro
- 10 Reasons You Should Register a Company in Montenegro in 2023
- Montenegro Residency by Company Formation (2023) – A Comprehensive Step-by-Step Guide
- Montenegro Company Formation & Residency Services – Fully Managed Solution
List of things to do in Pljevlja, Montenegro
1. Hussein-Pasha Mosque
Hussein-Pasha is known as the person who built Taslıca (Pljevlja) during the Ottoman Empire period. He created many charity works in and around Taslıca. The most beautiful and famous one being this mosque. It is considered the most beautiful mosque in Montenegro. It was built in 1569 and at 42 meters, it has the highest minaret in all of the Balkans. Inside, you’ll find unusual designs as the interiors are painted with frescoes that have geometric and floral patterns. The mosque is currently being restored in accordance with its original structure.
2. Monastery of the Holy Trinity
This monastery, very close to the city, is nevertheless very peaceful. The architecture of the buildings around the garden is original, the gallery on the ground floor encourages rest. It dates back from 1537 and has an Ottoman-style structure. Behind this church, you will find a small waterfall and a pond.
3. Etno Vodenica Ćirović
Ethno Watermill “Ćirović” is a century-old water mill that never stopped working. It was the formerly primary source of flour and hs a traditional rural architecture. At this mill, you will witness how grains are grinding under the millstone driven by the power of the creek. You can also visit the miller’s room to taste traditional food that is made on spot. If you want to try one of the traditional dishes, you need to reserve the day before.
4. Pljevlja Heritage Museum
A small museum that houses impressive collections of ancient jewelry, old costumes, and prehistoric art that are discovered around the nearby areas. However, the highlight of the museum is the 4th century BC glass ‘cage cup’. You can view this cup by making an appointment beforehand.
5. Try the Food at the Pekara Napoli
Pekara Napoli is located near the town center and it offers a variety of delicious dishes. Their menus include sandwiches, pizzas, and tortillas. These dishes are prepared and cooked in front of you! This makes Pekara Napoli an above-average bakery that you should visit. The bakery also offers a place to sit down and enjoy the meal. Don’t miss this one out when you are in Pljevlja.
These are the 5 best things to do in Pljevlja, Montenegro that you can explore. And since there are only limited things to do, this town can be a side trip during your stay in the country. With unique and amazing things to learn and see, Pljvelja surely deserves your time and attention. Have you heard about this town before? If yes, share with us your thoughts!
Montenegro Featured Tours and Activities
- Top Ten Tours and Experiences in 2023
- Where to go in Montenegro? 6 Day trips from Dubrovnik to Montenegro
- Travel guide to the Njegoš Mausoleum in Montenegro
- Travel guide to Tara River Canyon in Montenegro
- 10 Must see places to go hiking in Montenegro
- Where to go camping in Montenegro?
- Where to go skiing in Montenegro?
- 15 Best things to do in Budva, Montenegro
- Travel guide to Budva Old Town in Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Becici, Montenegro
- 10 Best things to do in Petrovac, Montenegro
- 8 Best things to do in Lustica Bay, Montenegro
- Lustica Peninsula travel guide: Best beaches on Luštica Peninsula, Montenegro
Montenegro General Knowledge Guides
- Discover the Hidden Gem: Where is Montenegro? Your Guide to the Jewel of the Balkans in 2023
- Stay Connected in Montenegro: Your Guide to Tourist SIM Cards in 2023
- Getting Around Made Easy: Your Guide to Taxis in Montenegro for Beginners in 2023
- Montenegro border webcams – live traffic at the Montenegrin border checkpoints
- Guide to weather in Montenegro and things to consider
- Guide to Montenegro for Beginners
- Airport transportation in Montenegro – going to or from Montenegro Airports
- Airline directory in Montenegro (Airlines with offices in Montenegro)
- How to get married in Montenegro
- Is Montenegro Safe?
- Best Internet Providers in Montenegro
- Montenegro Visa Guide
Montenegro Car Rental Guides
- 5 Best Montenegro Tours in Kotor
- Where to eat in Kotor, Montenegro near the Cruise Port?
- Travel guide to Kotor Old Town in Montenegro
- Guide to our lady of the rocks in Perast, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Perast, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Risan, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro During Winter
- 8 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro during summer
- 9 Best things to to in Danilovgrad, Montenegro
- Discover the Hidden Gems of Podgorica, Montenegro: The Ottoman Empire’s Legacy, Scenic Rivers, and More
Other Coastal Guides
North Montenegro Guides
- 5 Best things to do in Bijelo Polje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Pljevlja, Monatenegro
- Things to do in Zabljak during summer
- 15 Best things to do in Niksic, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Plav, Montenegro
- 15 Best things to do in Cetinje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Rozaje, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Andrijevica, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Berane, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Plužine, Montenegro
Wednesday, March 29
Tours in Montenegro: Uncover the Adriatic’s Best-Kept Secret
Discover Montenegro’s tranquil beaches, medieval cities, rugged landscapes, and vibrant culture on our expertly curated tours. Book now to explore the Adriatic’s hidden gem!
Monday, April 10
Car Rental in Montenegro: Find the Best Deals and Explore at Your Own Pace
Discover the best Montenegro car rental options and secure the best deals for your journey. Rent a car in Podgorica, find cheap car rentals, and explore Montenegro’s beauty with ease.
Friday, April 22
Relocation Services In Montenegro
We offer all the services you need to relocate to Montenegro. House purchase. Montenegro Temporary Residency. Montenegro Company Formation. Car rental in Montenegro. Property Management in Montenegro. Real estate in Montenegro. Tours in Montenegro. Montenegro lawyers and accountants.