6 Best things to do in Plav, Montenegro
Plav is a north-eastern town in Montenegro. And since the town of Plav is the only larger town of higher centrality with supermarkets, restaurants and other supply facilities, it is, therefore, ideal for a longer stay. Not only that but this is also the perfect place to be if you’re seeking some physical activities like hiking. The beautiful nature plus amazing people will make you want to explore this town more. Check out our list below of the best things to do in Plav, Montenegro to give you an idea.
You can find properties for rent in Montenegro here.
Learn more about temporary residence permits in Montenegro!
Are you looking for the best destinations for digital nomads in Montenegro? Then read this article – Discover the Best Places for Digital Nomads in Montenegro
If you are interested in longer-term solutions to relocating to Montenegro, visit the following pages:
- Emigrate to Montenegro: Residence Permit & Tax Residency Guide
- Relocation Services in Montenegro
- 10 Reasons You Should Register a Company in Montenegro in 2023
- Montenegro Residency by Company Formation (2023) – A Comprehensive Step-by-Step Guide
- Montenegro Company Formation & Residency Services – Fully Managed Solution
List of best things to do in Plav, Montenegro
1. Prokletije National Park
The Prokletije National Park on the border between Montenegro, Albania, and Kosovo are the finest. It is an insider tip for everyone who loves nature, authenticity, hiking, nice people, and a break. Gigantic mountains, green meadows, and clean spring water invite you to spend a few days in the national park. The untouched mountains, barren landscapes, unforgettable panoramas, and sporty hikes are truly a joy for every active mountain and nature lover.
2. Oko Skakavice
The “Blue Eye” of Montenegro is quite remote from the tourist centers in Prokletije National Park near the border with Albania. The spring itself is beautiful, and a walk from the Grlja waterfall is ideal. Not only the source but above all the beautiful surroundings with the incredible mountain panorama make a visit here unforgettable! If you have a little more time with you, you can continue for about 2 hours and pay a visit to the, mostly dry, “snake lake” Ropojansko Jezero right on the Albanian border.
3. Plav Lake
A beautiful lake for fishing, swimming, and relaxing. A visit to Plav Lake is worthwhile because of the scenic location, the friendly people, and the good food. The highlight at the lake is probably the view of the Prokletije mountains, a wonderful mountain panorama! The walk at sunset is also particularly worthwhile when the sun sinks into the lake opposite. And for all those who have brought more time and money with them, a stay in one of the lakeside hotels is also an option.
4. Redzepagic Tower
Redzepagic tower is one of the structures considered as the symbol of Plav. The tower was built in 1671 by Hasan Bey Recepagiç and it looks like a small castle. This residential tower is a small, rich museum that clearly documents the past times in this region.
5. Hrid Lake
People call it the lake of fairies or happiness. It is accessed from Plav by an 18 km road. You have to park your car in Bajrovica Katun and walk on an ascending path for just over an hour to reach it. And when you’re there, you’ll see how beautiful it is plus the water is very clear and not too cold. Furthermore, the surrounding area is also a really nice sight to see.
6. Holy Trinity Monastery
The Holy Trinity Monastery is a little hidden but easy to access. As soon as you enter it will seem like you are in another dimension. There is an atmosphere of mysticism in the midst of the frescoes.
These are the 7 possible things to do in Plav, Montenegro. Although is not a huge town, you can truly have a wonderful stay here not only for 1 day. Have you been to any of these spots? If Plav is not yet on your list of places to visit in Montenegro, then you’re missing out on something exciting and thrilling!
Learn more about Temporary Residence Permits in Montenegro!
Montenegro Featured Tours and Activities
- Top Ten Tours and Experiences in 2023
- Where to go in Montenegro? 6 Day trips from Dubrovnik to Montenegro
- Travel guide to the Njegoš Mausoleum in Montenegro
- Travel guide to Tara River Canyon in Montenegro
- 10 Must see places to go hiking in Montenegro
- Where to go camping in Montenegro?
- Where to go skiing in Montenegro?
- 15 Best things to do in Budva, Montenegro
- Travel guide to Budva Old Town in Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Becici, Montenegro
- 10 Best things to do in Petrovac, Montenegro
- 8 Best things to do in Lustica Bay, Montenegro
- Lustica Peninsula travel guide: Best beaches on Luštica Peninsula, Montenegro
Montenegro General Knowledge Guides
- Discover the Hidden Gem: Where is Montenegro? Your Guide to the Jewel of the Balkans in 2023
- Stay Connected in Montenegro: Your Guide to Tourist SIM Cards in 2023
- Getting Around Made Easy: Your Guide to Taxis in Montenegro for Beginners in 2023
- Montenegro border webcams – live traffic at the Montenegrin border checkpoints
- Guide to weather in Montenegro and things to consider
- Guide to Montenegro for Beginners
- Airport transportation in Montenegro – going to or from Montenegro Airports
- Airline directory in Montenegro (Airlines with offices in Montenegro)
- How to get married in Montenegro
- Is Montenegro Safe?
- Best Internet Providers in Montenegro
- Montenegro Visa Guide
Montenegro Car Rental Guides
- 5 Best Montenegro Tours in Kotor
- Where to eat in Kotor, Montenegro near the Cruise Port?
- Travel guide to Kotor Old Town in Montenegro
- Guide to our lady of the rocks in Perast, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Perast, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Risan, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro During Winter
- 8 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro during summer
- 9 Best things to to in Danilovgrad, Montenegro
- Discover the Hidden Gems of Podgorica, Montenegro: The Ottoman Empire’s Legacy, Scenic Rivers, and More
Other Coastal Guides
North Montenegro Guides
- 5 Best things to do in Bijelo Polje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Pljevlja, Monatenegro
- Things to do in Zabljak during summer
- 15 Best things to do in Niksic, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Plav, Montenegro
- 15 Best things to do in Cetinje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Rozaje, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Andrijevica, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Berane, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Plužine, Montenegro
Wednesday, March 29
Tours in Montenegro: Uncover the Adriatic’s Best-Kept Secret
Discover Montenegro’s tranquil beaches, medieval cities, rugged landscapes, and vibrant culture on our expertly curated tours. Book now to explore the Adriatic’s hidden gem!
Monday, April 10
Car Rental in Montenegro: Find the Best Deals and Explore at Your Own Pace
Discover the best Montenegro car rental options and secure the best deals for your journey. Rent a car in Podgorica, find cheap car rentals, and explore Montenegro’s beauty with ease.
Friday, April 22
Relocation Services In Montenegro
We offer all the services you need to relocate to Montenegro. House purchase. Montenegro Temporary Residency. Montenegro Company Formation. Car rental in Montenegro. Property Management in Montenegro. Real estate in Montenegro. Tours in Montenegro. Montenegro lawyers and accountants.