8 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro during summer
Kolasin is a town located in the northern part of Montenegro. It is popularly known as a winter destination because of its ski centers that are famous for both local and foreign tourists. However, there is actually so much more to explore in this town more than just skiing. And you can experience that when you visit during the summer season. For this reason, we made a list of places to visit and things to do in Kolasin during summer. Check it out below!
Learn more about living in Montenegro and temporary residency in Montenegro!
Are you looking for the best destinations for digital nomads in Montenegro? Then read this article – Discover the Best Places for Digital Nomads in Montenegro
If you are interested in longer-term solutions to relocating to Montenegro, visit the following pages:
- Emigrate to Montenegro: Residence Permit & Tax Residency Guide
- Relocation Services in Montenegro
- 10 Reasons You Should Register a Company in Montenegro in 2023
- Montenegro Residency by Company Formation (2023) – A Comprehensive Step-by-Step Guide
- Montenegro Company Formation & Residency Services – Fully Managed Solution
List of best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro
1. Bjelasica Mountain
Bjelasica describes the mountainous region around Kolasin. It is one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in Montenegro. It is located east of Mount Moraca. Hiking along the mountain trails will leave an impression on your mind and body for a long time. At the foot of Bjelasica, there is the Biogradska Gora park, there are a wonderful lake and many routes for walking.
2. Biogradska Gora National Park Visitor Centre
This is a stunning national park. Relic trees are so high that you feel like a gnome in a fairy forest. The national park, which is a 15-minute drive from Kolasin, is such a nice place to visit. The nature is magnificent, there is a walking track around the lake for about 4 km and it takes 1 hour to take a full tour. It is possible to capture great shots with photography.
3. Komovi Mountain Range
Komovi is a mountain range located in the eastern part of Montenegro and stretches between the farthest river Lim in the east and the Tara river in the west. You can get there from Kolasin. The mountains seem to be made for hiking, trekking, and mountaineering. There are trails for both beginners, just a walk for the day, and for professionals.
4. Bendovac Viewpoint
From this point, you can see the entire Biogradska Gora park and the wonderful Biogradsko Lake. From a bird’s eye view, an absolutely crazy view opens up! It is best to go there on a horse-drawn excursion – you can get a unique experience.
5. Dulovina Botanical Garden
The Dulovina Botanical Garden was created by Daniel Vincek in 1981 at an altitude of over 1000 m. This botanical garden contains specimens of the flora of the mountainous part of the country and is located in the southern part of Kolasin. A visit to the Dulovina Botanical Garden is a must for anyone interested in vegetation and more particularly in altitude vegetation!
6. Cultural Center Kolasin
The Kolasin cultural center is located on the main square of the city, where the fountain is. On the ground floor, there is a souvenir shop. In the cultural center itself, you can get information about the city, surroundings, and attractions, as well as access to the Internet. The center participates in the organization of various cultural events aimed at both the townspeople and tourists. Surely a must-visit!
7. Partisan Memorial Cemetery
The partisan war against Nazi fascism is still very much felt and alive in the life of Montenegrins and the Kolasin monument is the testimony of it. It is an impressive bronze monument in a typically communist-style, set in a city park with lots of greenery and some beautiful fountains. This monument is located in the very center of Kolasin, on a small but central square. Central streets and several restaurants are within walking distance. It attracts the attention of tourists with its simplicity and grace.
8. St. Demetrius Church
The church of St. Demetrius is the most interesting church in Kolasin. After the liberation of Kolasin from the Turks, the first rebuilt Orthodox church was this church, which is located in the very center of the city of Kolasin. The building was erected on the site of the chapel of John the Baptist, which was arranged in a Turkish watchtower.
And that’s our list of the 8 best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro during summer. Although it is ideal to visit Kolasin during winter, it’s still a good idea to explore this town in summer!
Montenegro Featured Tours and Activities
- Top Ten Tours and Experiences in 2023
- Where to go in Montenegro? 6 Day trips from Dubrovnik to Montenegro
- Travel guide to the Njegoš Mausoleum in Montenegro
- Travel guide to Tara River Canyon in Montenegro
- 10 Must see places to go hiking in Montenegro
- Where to go camping in Montenegro?
- Where to go skiing in Montenegro?
- 15 Best things to do in Budva, Montenegro
- Travel guide to Budva Old Town in Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Becici, Montenegro
- 10 Best things to do in Petrovac, Montenegro
- 8 Best things to do in Lustica Bay, Montenegro
- Lustica Peninsula travel guide: Best beaches on Luštica Peninsula, Montenegro
Montenegro General Knowledge Guides
- Discover the Hidden Gem: Where is Montenegro? Your Guide to the Jewel of the Balkans in 2023
- Stay Connected in Montenegro: Your Guide to Tourist SIM Cards in 2023
- Getting Around Made Easy: Your Guide to Taxis in Montenegro for Beginners in 2023
- Montenegro border webcams – live traffic at the Montenegrin border checkpoints
- Guide to weather in Montenegro and things to consider
- Guide to Montenegro for Beginners
- Airport transportation in Montenegro – going to or from Montenegro Airports
- Airline directory in Montenegro (Airlines with offices in Montenegro)
- How to get married in Montenegro
- Is Montenegro Safe?
- Best Internet Providers in Montenegro
- Montenegro Visa Guide
Montenegro Car Rental Guides
- 5 Best Montenegro Tours in Kotor
- Where to eat in Kotor, Montenegro near the Cruise Port?
- Travel guide to Kotor Old Town in Montenegro
- Guide to our lady of the rocks in Perast, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Perast, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Risan, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro During Winter
- 8 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro during summer
- 9 Best things to to in Danilovgrad, Montenegro
- Discover the Hidden Gems of Podgorica, Montenegro: The Ottoman Empire’s Legacy, Scenic Rivers, and More
Other Coastal Guides
North Montenegro Guides
- 5 Best things to do in Bijelo Polje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Pljevlja, Monatenegro
- Things to do in Zabljak during summer
- 15 Best things to do in Niksic, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Plav, Montenegro
- 15 Best things to do in Cetinje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Rozaje, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Andrijevica, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Berane, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Plužine, Montenegro
Wednesday, March 29
Tours in Montenegro: Uncover the Adriatic’s Best-Kept Secret
Discover Montenegro’s tranquil beaches, medieval cities, rugged landscapes, and vibrant culture on our expertly curated tours. Book now to explore the Adriatic’s hidden gem!
Monday, April 10
Car Rental in Montenegro: Find the Best Deals and Explore at Your Own Pace
Discover the best Montenegro car rental options and secure the best deals for your journey. Rent a car in Podgorica, find cheap car rentals, and explore Montenegro’s beauty with ease.
Friday, April 22
Relocation Services In Montenegro
We offer all the services you need to relocate to Montenegro. House purchase. Montenegro Temporary Residency. Montenegro Company Formation. Car rental in Montenegro. Property Management in Montenegro. Real estate in Montenegro. Tours in Montenegro. Montenegro lawyers and accountants.