9 Best things to do in Danilovgrad, Montenegro
Dubrovnik, Podgorica, and Herceg Novi. These are the most popular cities in Montenegro. Due to this fact, it is not surprising that a lot of tourists from outside the country go here yearly to get to explore these amazing places. However, there is more to discover in Montenegro. One city you should not miss here is Danilovgrad. This town lies between the two largest cities in Montenegro; Podgorica and Niksic. If you’ve never heard about this town, then we’ll introduce you to some of the things to do in Danilovgrad.
Learn more about living in Montenegro and temporary residency in Montenegro!
Are you looking for the best destinations for digital nomads in Montenegro? Then read this article – Discover the Best Places for Digital Nomads in Montenegro
If you are interested in longer-term solutions to relocating to Montenegro, visit the following pages:
- Emigrate to Montenegro: Residence Permit & Tax Residency Guide
- Relocation Services in Montenegro
- 10 Reasons You Should Register a Company in Montenegro in 2023
- Montenegro Residency by Company Formation (2023) – A Comprehensive Step-by-Step Guide
- Montenegro Company Formation & Residency Services – Fully Managed Solution
Best things to do in (or from) Danilovgrad, Montenegro
1. Ostrog Monastery
Ostrog Monastery is one of the most important monasteries in Montenegro, which is also evident from the crowds that make pilgrimages there. The journey on a narrow road is somehow challenging but tolerable. You can use the stairs through the forest up to the monastery or drive up by car. The view is absolutely stunning! Many believers even spend the night in the monastery and walk barefoot on the way there.
2. Orthodox Monastery Zhdrebaonik
This is an ordinary monastery but due to its location, it offers a wonderful view. If you want to visit the monastery without many visitors it is best to be there at 8 o’clock in the morning, otherwise, it will be crowded in the staircase of the monastery. You don’t need too much time to stay here, so it is recommended as a side trip when you’re in Danilovgrad.
3. Dani Divljeg Sipka Zagarac
This is an event where you can try authentic Montenegrin products for free, as well as to get acquainted with the natural beauty of Zagarac, Danilovgrad. As part of the event, a fair of domestic products and souvenirs, a revival bicycle race, an exhibition of old-timers are organized, and everything is accompanied by a rich cultural and entertainment program that is suitable for all ages. These events are organized in late October or early November, depending on weather conditions.
4. Farma Magaraca Martinici
A very beautiful and well-groomed donkey farm. When you visit here, be sure to bring small local apples or carrots with you, as it is customary to feed the donkeys and they come out to greet you. There is also the possibility of buying lavender sachets, produced on-site as well as creams made from donkey milk.
5. River Zeta Festival
You can also attend the River Zeta Festival in Danilovgrad. It is a 3-day festival that consists of fun and exciting activities for everyone to enjoy. Some of these include fishing, diving, wooden raft, and kayak races. You can also watch beauty contests and an organic food festival. Highly recommended!
6. Sculpture Garden
If you want to see a unique and detailed sculpture of carved white marbles that ranges from the classic to the space-age, then Sculpture Garden is the place for you. You will literally find dozens of these wonderful pieces here.
7. Imanje Knjaz
If you get tired and hungry from exploring Danilovgrad, then why not make a stop at Imanje Kinjaz? A restaurant that offers European cuisine. Aside from its location where it has a really nice ambiance, they also offer sumptuous and delicious food including meat and fish of excellent quality. Knjaz is not just a restaurant but it is a place for all occasions; family gatherings, business lunches, and escape from the city.
8. Restoran Muštuluk
Another restaurant to explore in Daniovgrad is Restoran Mustuluk. This restaurant is loved by many; both local and foreign tourists. Both the owner and staff are friendly. Offering great service and amazing food, you can literally have huge portions of food for very little money. Everything is very fresh and tasty at an affordable price. Highly recommended restaurant!
9. The Living Room Lounge & Dining
A cozy and comfortable place with good food. This is the ideal place to stop by, meet with friends, or just simply have a casual drink. Not to mention that their snacks and food are also amazing. Although they only have a limited menu, there are no problems with the choice since all of them are excellent. Their menu ranges from Mediterranean and European to American cuisine.
This is the list of the 9 best things to do in Danilovgrad, Montenegro. Although the municipality is not too big, it is a good opportunity to explore it easier, even just a day! With the places you can visit, you’ll be able to gain experiences that other cities in the country cannot offer.
Learn more about living in Montenegro and temporary residency in Montenegro!
Montenegro Featured Tours and Activities
- Top Ten Tours and Experiences in 2023
- Where to go in Montenegro? 6 Day trips from Dubrovnik to Montenegro
- Travel guide to the Njegoš Mausoleum in Montenegro
- Travel guide to Tara River Canyon in Montenegro
- 10 Must see places to go hiking in Montenegro
- Where to go camping in Montenegro?
- Where to go skiing in Montenegro?
- 15 Best things to do in Budva, Montenegro
- Travel guide to Budva Old Town in Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Becici, Montenegro
- 10 Best things to do in Petrovac, Montenegro
- 8 Best things to do in Lustica Bay, Montenegro
- Lustica Peninsula travel guide: Best beaches on Luštica Peninsula, Montenegro
Montenegro General Knowledge Guides
- Discover the Hidden Gem: Where is Montenegro? Your Guide to the Jewel of the Balkans in 2023
- Stay Connected in Montenegro: Your Guide to Tourist SIM Cards in 2023
- Getting Around Made Easy: Your Guide to Taxis in Montenegro for Beginners in 2023
- Montenegro border webcams – live traffic at the Montenegrin border checkpoints
- Guide to weather in Montenegro and things to consider
- Guide to Montenegro for Beginners
- Airport transportation in Montenegro – going to or from Montenegro Airports
- Airline directory in Montenegro (Airlines with offices in Montenegro)
- How to get married in Montenegro
- Is Montenegro Safe?
- Best Internet Providers in Montenegro
- Montenegro Visa Guide
Montenegro Car Rental Guides
- 5 Best Montenegro Tours in Kotor
- Where to eat in Kotor, Montenegro near the Cruise Port?
- Travel guide to Kotor Old Town in Montenegro
- Guide to our lady of the rocks in Perast, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Perast, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Risan, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro During Winter
- 8 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro during summer
- 9 Best things to to in Danilovgrad, Montenegro
- Discover the Hidden Gems of Podgorica, Montenegro: The Ottoman Empire’s Legacy, Scenic Rivers, and More
Other Coastal Guides
North Montenegro Guides
- 5 Best things to do in Bijelo Polje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Pljevlja, Monatenegro
- Things to do in Zabljak during summer
- 15 Best things to do in Niksic, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Plav, Montenegro
- 15 Best things to do in Cetinje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Rozaje, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Andrijevica, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Berane, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Plužine, Montenegro
Wednesday, March 29
Tours in Montenegro: Uncover the Adriatic’s Best-Kept Secret
Discover Montenegro’s tranquil beaches, medieval cities, rugged landscapes, and vibrant culture on our expertly curated tours. Book now to explore the Adriatic’s hidden gem!
Monday, April 10
Car Rental in Montenegro: Find the Best Deals and Explore at Your Own Pace
Discover the best Montenegro car rental options and secure the best deals for your journey. Rent a car in Podgorica, find cheap car rentals, and explore Montenegro’s beauty with ease.
Friday, April 22
Relocation Services In Montenegro
We offer all the services you need to relocate to Montenegro. House purchase. Montenegro Temporary Residency. Montenegro Company Formation. Car rental in Montenegro. Property Management in Montenegro. Real estate in Montenegro. Tours in Montenegro. Montenegro lawyers and accountants.