Where to go skiing in Montenegro?
When it comes to a place where any season is a good season to visit, that’s definitely Montenegro. Not only because it offers many affordable activities and tours compared with more popular European countries, but there are also a lot of great opportunities to explore the whole country.
Learn more about living in Montenegro and temporary residency in Montenegro!
Are you looking for the best destinations for digital nomads in Montenegro? Then read this article – Discover the Best Places for Digital Nomads in Montenegro
If you are interested in longer-term solutions to relocating to Montenegro, visit the following pages:
- Emigrate to Montenegro: Residence Permit & Tax Residency Guide
- Relocation Services in Montenegro
- 10 Reasons You Should Register a Company in Montenegro in 2023
- Montenegro Residency by Company Formation (2023) – A Comprehensive Step-by-Step Guide
- Montenegro Company Formation & Residency Services – Fully Managed Solution
During summer, you can try swimming, kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving, etc. Other activities possible are hiking, canyoning, and trekking. Given that Montenegro is a mountainous country with plenty of beautiful beaches, it’s possible to do all those things. And in the winter season, hiking and swimming are replaced with skiing and snowboarding. If you visit this Balkan country during the winter season, no worries as there are ski resorts you can visit to enjoy the cold weather. The list below is consists of the best ski resorts you can go skiing in Montenegro.
Recommended skiing Resort in Montenegro
1. Kolasin 1450
The most popular ski resort in Montenegro. If you’re a beginner and want to try skiing, Ski Resort Kolasin 1450 is the ideal destination as it is beginner-friendly. It is not too big but skiing is offered at an affordable price. Facilities include ski equipment rentals, ski depot for children and adults, ski-lift facilities, night skiing, ski schools by professional ski instructors, and much more. Furthermore, not only you can do skiing here, but there are also other activities possible such as rock climbing, rafting, snowmobiling, horse riding, excursions to the Tara canyon and Moraca rivers.
2. Kolasin 1600
Two kilometers past Kolasin 1450 a new ski center has opened a few years ago. Ski Center Kolasin 1600 is another ski resort in Kolasin that you can choose from. A nice place to visit both in summer and winter. There is a restaurant with panoramic views here. Not only you can do skiing here, but you can also try riding the lift. Via the lift, you come to a beautiful viewpoint, where you can also see the slopes of Kolasin 1450.
Ski center Vucje is located quite far from Niksic, where you need to go in a northeast direction. Here, there’s a snowboard park with ski jumps, two 120-meter tracks, and a new walking track that’s 1200 meters long. Its cable car is designed for 200 skiers per hour. Moreover, there’s also a hotel and restaurant in the area.
4. Savin Kuk
Situated within the territory National Park Durmitor, just 5km from Žabljak, Ski Resort Savin Kuk can be found. The ski resort is at an altitude of 2,000 meters and has two two-seater cable cars, three ski lifts, and a children’s ski lift. It also has a total of 5 km ski slopes and is designed for 3,000 skiers. You can go here by car or bus from Podgorica. Another Ski Resort you can visit in Zabljak is Javorovača which has 2 ski lifts, night skiing, baby lifts, ski service, and ski school.
Ski Center Hajla was reopened in 2017 after being closed for 13 years. Hajla itself is a stunning mountain in Montenegro. It is located just right on the border of Montenegro and Kosovo. Its highest peak measures 2403 meters. In Hajla, there are 2 ski schools namely “Rožaje Ski School” and “Turjak Ski School” with leading skiing instructors with international licenses. Furthermore, if you’re interested in learning how to snowboard, they also have a school with a 5-day training course.
Although the country of Montenegro is not that big, you can guarantee that days of stay here will let you see what it has to offer. A few years from now, it will not be surprising if Montenegro will be one of the most popular winter holiday destinations in Europe. Imagine how easy it will be to enjoy skiing here if you decide to relocate to Montenegro as a temporary resident!
Montenegro Featured Tours and Activities
- Top Ten Tours and Experiences in 2023
- Where to go in Montenegro? 6 Day trips from Dubrovnik to Montenegro
- Travel guide to the Njegoš Mausoleum in Montenegro
- Travel guide to Tara River Canyon in Montenegro
- 10 Must see places to go hiking in Montenegro
- Where to go camping in Montenegro?
- Where to go skiing in Montenegro?
- 15 Best things to do in Budva, Montenegro
- Travel guide to Budva Old Town in Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Becici, Montenegro
- 10 Best things to do in Petrovac, Montenegro
- 8 Best things to do in Lustica Bay, Montenegro
- Lustica Peninsula travel guide: Best beaches on Luštica Peninsula, Montenegro
Montenegro General Knowledge Guides
- Discover the Hidden Gem: Where is Montenegro? Your Guide to the Jewel of the Balkans in 2023
- Stay Connected in Montenegro: Your Guide to Tourist SIM Cards in 2023
- Getting Around Made Easy: Your Guide to Taxis in Montenegro for Beginners in 2023
- Montenegro border webcams – live traffic at the Montenegrin border checkpoints
- Guide to weather in Montenegro and things to consider
- Guide to Montenegro for Beginners
- Airport transportation in Montenegro – going to or from Montenegro Airports
- Airline directory in Montenegro (Airlines with offices in Montenegro)
- How to get married in Montenegro
- Is Montenegro Safe?
- Best Internet Providers in Montenegro
- Montenegro Visa Guide
Montenegro Car Rental Guides
- 5 Best Montenegro Tours in Kotor
- Where to eat in Kotor, Montenegro near the Cruise Port?
- Travel guide to Kotor Old Town in Montenegro
- Guide to our lady of the rocks in Perast, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Perast, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Risan, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro During Winter
- 8 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro during summer
- 9 Best things to to in Danilovgrad, Montenegro
- Discover the Hidden Gems of Podgorica, Montenegro: The Ottoman Empire’s Legacy, Scenic Rivers, and More
Other Coastal Guides
North Montenegro Guides
- 5 Best things to do in Bijelo Polje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Pljevlja, Monatenegro
- Things to do in Zabljak during summer
- 15 Best things to do in Niksic, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Plav, Montenegro
- 15 Best things to do in Cetinje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Rozaje, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Andrijevica, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Berane, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Plužine, Montenegro
Wednesday, March 29
Tours in Montenegro: Uncover the Adriatic’s Best-Kept Secret
Discover Montenegro’s tranquil beaches, medieval cities, rugged landscapes, and vibrant culture on our expertly curated tours. Book now to explore the Adriatic’s hidden gem!
Monday, April 10
Car Rental in Montenegro: Find the Best Deals and Explore at Your Own Pace
Discover the best Montenegro car rental options and secure the best deals for your journey. Rent a car in Podgorica, find cheap car rentals, and explore Montenegro’s beauty with ease.
Friday, April 22
Relocation Services In Montenegro
We offer all the services you need to relocate to Montenegro. House purchase. Montenegro Temporary Residency. Montenegro Company Formation. Car rental in Montenegro. Property Management in Montenegro. Real estate in Montenegro. Tours in Montenegro. Montenegro lawyers and accountants.