Airport transportation in Montenegro – going to or from Montenegro Airports
There are two functioning airports in Montenegro; Podgorica and Tivat. Dubrovnik Airport in Croatia also serves as a popular entry point for visitors to Montenegro. If you want to travel anywhere in the country, to or from the airports; there are several options available to you. Here is our guide to Airport Transportation in Montenegro; transportation to and from Montenegro Airports.
Learn more about living in Montenegro and temporary residency in Montenegro!
Are you looking for the best destinations for digital nomads in Montenegro? Then read this article – Discover the Best Places for Digital Nomads in Montenegro
If you are interested in longer-term solutions to relocating to Montenegro, visit the following pages:
- Emigrate to Montenegro: Residence Permit & Tax Residency Guide
- Relocation Services in Montenegro
- 10 Reasons You Should Register a Company in Montenegro in 2023
- Montenegro Residency by Company Formation (2023) – A Comprehensive Step-by-Step Guide
- Montenegro Company Formation & Residency Services – Fully Managed Solution
Private Airport Transfers in Montenegro
The most convenient airport transportation is always a pre-paid private airport transfer. The most relaxing and hassle-free way to arrive at an airport in a foreign country is to stroll into the arrivals area with your bags and wave to the private airport transfer driver holding a sign with your name on it.
No waiting for buses. No trying to figure out foreign currency and worrying if you’ll be charged some extortionate taxi rate just because you’re a tourist. No trying to explain your destination and worrying the whole way if you’re actually going where you want to go.
Private airport transfers are the fastest, smoothest and most satisfying way to arrive in a new country for the first time.
Have a look a the private airport transfers available below and start your visit to Montenegro the right way!
Airport Taxis in Montenegro
Airport Taxis are the taxis located at the airport. They are quite expensive; maybe 2x or 3x more than the regular cab. They are a great option if you didn’t book a taxi or rented a car in advance and you are in a hurry. A tip in boarding in Airport Taxi is to agree with the price ahead.
Regular Taxis in Montenegro
If you don’t want to hire Airport Taxis as they may be expensive, you can book a regular taxi. You can check out our Guide to Using Montenegro Taxi for Beginners. It has a directory of recommended Taxi Companies for your trips in Montenegro as well as suggested applications you need to have on your phone.
Red Taxi is one of the companies on the list which you can contact through the following:
|Location||Call||SMS / Viber|
|Podgorica||19714||+382 68 019 714|
|Tivat||19729||+382 67 019 729|
Most taxi companies can be contacted to Viber or WhatsApp so that you can skip buying a local sim. As long as you have internet or mobile data, then you can get them. All you need to do is tell them where your current location is – be it a town or a hotel. Or you could say to them your flight details so that they are ready for you when you arrive.
Please be careful with some taxis as they can rip you off. Red Taxis are regulated and use meters. It’s also better to take note of the taxi number when you ride them if you forget something there.
Bus Services in Montenegro
If you think taxis are quite expensive and you want to spend less, you can ride buses. Buses are very affordable compared to taxis; for example, Podgorica to Tivat by taxi is about EURO 40; but by bus, it could be EURO 6.
However, no buses stop at the airport nor is there a shuttle from Podgorica to the Main bus station. What you can do is ride from Podgorica airport to Podgorica Bus Station.
Some people say that you can walk from the airport to the Bus Stop or the nearest Bus Station for those who are at Tivat Airport. It’s recommended to do so if you don’t have heavy luggage and are quite fit. If not, you can take a taxi to Tivat Bus Station.
There are also bus stations in every town or city; however, they may not stop directly at the airports. You can contact a Taxi (preferably through call or text) and book them to the airport. Buses and booking may take longer than renting a taxi for a one-way ride, but they are cheaper.
Rent A Car in Montenegro
If you want to drive a car or don’t like public transportation, you can rent a car. Many rental car companies are stationed in the airport, some can also deliver them anywhere you are (some with extra charge.) You can also drop them off at the airport before you leave the country.
The perks of Renting A Car is that you can go wherever you want, whenever you want it. Plus, there are also vans you could rent if you are a group. You can book them ahead, too. It’s also cheaper if you rent them for more than a week, compared to a day. Make sure you have a driver’s license. Most rental companies require drivers to be at least 21 years old with a driver’s license that has been valid for at least two years.
Follow this link to request a quote for Car Rental in Montenegro
I hope this article on Airport Transportation in Montenegro is helpful in your adventures in the Balkan Country. There are many options to travel to and from the airports in Montenegro; the choice depends on you. Happy travels!
Learn more about living in Montenegro and temporary residency in Montenegro!
Montenegro Featured Tours and Activities
- Top Ten Tours and Experiences in 2023
- Where to go in Montenegro? 6 Day trips from Dubrovnik to Montenegro
- Travel guide to the Njegoš Mausoleum in Montenegro
- Travel guide to Tara River Canyon in Montenegro
- 10 Must see places to go hiking in Montenegro
- Where to go camping in Montenegro?
- Where to go skiing in Montenegro?
- 15 Best things to do in Budva, Montenegro
- Travel guide to Budva Old Town in Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Becici, Montenegro
- 10 Best things to do in Petrovac, Montenegro
- 8 Best things to do in Lustica Bay, Montenegro
- Lustica Peninsula travel guide: Best beaches on Luštica Peninsula, Montenegro
Montenegro General Knowledge Guides
- Discover the Hidden Gem: Where is Montenegro? Your Guide to the Jewel of the Balkans in 2023
- Stay Connected in Montenegro: Your Guide to Tourist SIM Cards in 2023
- Getting Around Made Easy: Your Guide to Taxis in Montenegro for Beginners in 2023
- Montenegro border webcams – live traffic at the Montenegrin border checkpoints
- Guide to weather in Montenegro and things to consider
- Guide to Montenegro for Beginners
- Airport transportation in Montenegro – going to or from Montenegro Airports
- Airline directory in Montenegro (Airlines with offices in Montenegro)
- How to get married in Montenegro
- Is Montenegro Safe?
- Best Internet Providers in Montenegro
- Montenegro Visa Guide
Montenegro Car Rental Guides
- 5 Best Montenegro Tours in Kotor
- Where to eat in Kotor, Montenegro near the Cruise Port?
- Travel guide to Kotor Old Town in Montenegro
- Guide to our lady of the rocks in Perast, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Perast, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Risan, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro During Winter
- 8 Best things to do in Kolasin, Montenegro during summer
- 9 Best things to to in Danilovgrad, Montenegro
- Discover the Hidden Gems of Podgorica, Montenegro: The Ottoman Empire’s Legacy, Scenic Rivers, and More
Other Coastal Guides
North Montenegro Guides
- 5 Best things to do in Bijelo Polje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Pljevlja, Monatenegro
- Things to do in Zabljak during summer
- 15 Best things to do in Niksic, Montenegro
- 6 Best things to do in Plav, Montenegro
- 15 Best things to do in Cetinje, Montenegro
- 5 Best things to do in Rozaje, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Andrijevica, Montenegro
- 9 Best things to do in Berane, Montenegro
- Best things to do in Plužine, Montenegro
Wednesday, March 29
Tours in Montenegro: Uncover the Adriatic’s Best-Kept Secret
Discover Montenegro’s tranquil beaches, medieval cities, rugged landscapes, and vibrant culture on our expertly curated tours. Book now to explore the Adriatic’s hidden gem!
Monday, April 10
Car Rental in Montenegro: Find the Best Deals and Explore at Your Own Pace
Discover the best Montenegro car rental options and secure the best deals for your journey. Rent a car in Podgorica, find cheap car rentals, and explore Montenegro’s beauty with ease.
Friday, April 22
Relocation Services In Montenegro
We offer all the services you need to relocate to Montenegro. House purchase. Montenegro Temporary Residency. Montenegro Company Formation. Car rental in Montenegro. Property Management in Montenegro. Real estate in Montenegro. Tours in Montenegro. Montenegro lawyers and accountants.